Forestry Cutter Attachment
Turn trees and underbrush from unsightly overgrowth to mulch with the forestry cutter attachment.
- GET A QUOTE
- CONTACT US
Punch into large-diameter trees and bring the uppermost limbs quickly to the ground. The forestry cutter’s tube-style drum and spiral tooth pattern allow one tooth to engage at a time, so operation is smooth and less horsepower is required to do the job.
The compact size of the forestry cutter allows for any type of removal job, whether clearing every tree in an area or selectively thinning stands. Simply lower the forestry cutter onto the tree and its fast-cutting teeth rips it to shreds, turning it into a bed of mulch that slows growth and provides organic material.
Bobcat’s forestry cutter attachment lives up to the reputation that the leading name in the industry has built for itself throughout the last five decades. For any removal job, large or small, the forestry cutter is one Bobcat genuine attachment part that you can rely on.
Built with sturdy teeth tipped in carbide and securely mounted on a heavy-duty rotating drum, the forestry cutter can demolish thick underbrush and slice through trees with ease and precision, and the fun doesn’t end there. Once the trees and brush are down, you can use the attachment to easily process them into a fine mulch that you can use for any application you wish.
The forestry cutter is compact but stronger than ever, allowing you to perform any type of removal work. You can use the cutter to thin stands selectively or to clear out trees over a large area. It’s strong teeth are able to punch right through trees large in diameter, taking them down with ease.
Operation is simple and Bobcat is there to walk you through every step. With the forestry cutter attachment, you’ll receive the forestry applications kit, which must be installed on your loader in order to operate the attachment properly. This kit is specially designed with your protection in mind and will keep you going through the toughest work conditions with its debris guards, heavy-duty hydraulics, falling object protective structure, specially built muffler and lights, and so much more.>For the ultimate features and services to take you through the toughest conditions, you can always rely on Bobcat.
- Clear trees and brush for:
- Pre/post disaster mitigation
- Utility line and road right-of-way maintenance
- Site preparation
- Orchard and vineyard maintenance
- Cut firebreaks
- Clean lots
- Maintain property
- Fuel Reduction
Forestry Applications Kit
Designed to protect you and your investment in the toughest conditions, the forestry applications kit must be installed on the loader to operate the forestry cutter attachment. The exclusive forestry door protects you from flying debris and objects. Other benefits include ISO 3449 Level II Falling Object Protective Structure (FOPS) and debris guards for muffler, lights and hydraulic components.
The forestry applications kit includes:
- Fire Extinguisher: Mounted in the cab for quick access in an emergency.
- Forestry Door (3/4 in. laminated polycarbonate): The forestry cutter attachment will not operate without the door installed. Emergency exit allows removal of front door, if necessary.
- Front and Rear Light Guards: Ensures branches and debris won’t break lights.
- Hydraulic Quick Coupler Guard: The guard, along with no exposed fittings on the hoses, helps protect the couplers, hoses and wire harness from falling trees and branches.
- Level II FOPS: (meets ISO 3449) Protects operator and cab from falling trees and objects.
- Lift Cylinder Debris Shields: Protects lift cylinders and reduces material buildup in the engine compartment.
- Muffler Guard: Protects tailpipe from damage and reduces material buildup in the engine compartment.
- Polycarbonate Top, Rear, and Side Windows: (1/4 in. or 1/2 in. polycarbonate) Protects operator and maximizes visibility.
How It Works
Carbide tipped teeth on a rotating drum easily rip through standing trees and demolish brush. Trees lying on the ground can be further processed into fine mulch and even mixed into the soil.
- Compact Size: Accommodates any tree removal job, from clearing every tree in an area to selective thinning.
- Counter Combs: Provide the ability to do fine mulching, and provide wear protection for the rear of the housing.
- Double-Tipped Carbide Teeth: Efficiently rip through hard and soft woods, providing long life and uptime protection for the attachment.
- Rotor Brake: Stops from full speed in 10 seconds or less when the forestry cutter’s hydraulics are deactivated.
- Low Number of Teeth: Provides fast knockdown of trees and low-cost replacement.
- Pressure Gauge: Visible from the seat to help the operator run the attachment at peak efficiency.
- Safety Chains: Reduce debris thrown to the rear.
- Spiral Tooth Pattern: Allows one tooth to engage at a time for smoother operation and less horsepower demand.
- Adjustable Push Bar: Has three positions to accommodate the operator’s preferred setting. Gathering feature pulls brush and trees towards the center of the drum.
Speak to a consultant:
Phone: +27 11 908 2377/8/9